Click on any photo to see the full gallery…
Station House sleeps 6(7)* and includes:
- double en-suite bedroom (with an optional extra single bed)
- twin bedroom, both rooms with stunning views of the trains and station
- former ticket office alongside platform with large double sofa-bed (ground floor)
- first floor bathroom with traditional-style suite and electric shower
- kitchen with traditional sink and range (and a pantry full of mod cons!)
- sitting room with woodburner and wind-up gramophone (plus a sneaky TV!)
- hallway complete with harmonium, for the musically minded
- private use of the back garden with access by car for unloading
Visitors share the lawned front garden with Station House owner Mr Ware senior and his son Chris, who works in the adjacent art studio www.warehouseart.com.
Mr Artley was the last full time signalman and de facto Station Master resident at the house from 1931 to 1946.
Guests enjoy special NYMR membership for the week, in the name of former resident Walter Artley. This offer entitles guests to half-price travel up and down the line during their stay.
Short break rather than a whole week? We also offer B&B accommodation in our 18th century family home in nearby Kirkbymoorside www.6crownsquare.com.
Bookings are Friday-to-Friday. Check on current availability and prices below, then contact us to arrange your booking.
WINTER SEASON – Weeks are still available commencing 8th & 15th Dec, 26 Jan and Feb 23 to Mar 23 at £500 for a peaceful low-season get-away (no trains).
Peak season £900 p.w.
- 2018 May 25, July 20 to Aug 31, Dec 21.
Mid season £700 p.w.
- 2018 Mar 30 to May 18, Jun 1 to Jul 13, Sept 7 to Oct 5 (closed for War Weekend).
Low season £500 p.w.
- 2018 Feb 2 to Mar 23, Nov 2 to Dec 14 .
Please read this before booking Levisham Station House:
Booking information download (PDF)
Prices include bedding and towels, fuel (oil central heating, logs, electricity), reasonable use of the telephone, and special temporary membership of the NYMR