Click on any photo to see the full gallery…
Station House sleeps 6(7)* and includes:
- double en-suite bedroom (with an optional extra single bed)
- twin bedroom, both rooms with stunning views of the trains and station
- former ticket office alongside platform with large double sofa-bed (ground floor)
- first floor bathroom with traditional-style suite and electric shower
- kitchen with traditional sink and range (and a pantry full of mod cons!)
- sitting room with woodburner and wind-up gramophone (plus a sneaky TV!)
- hallway complete with harmonium, for the musically minded
- private use of the back garden with access by car for unloading
Visitors share the lawned front garden with Station House owner Mr Ware senior and his son Chris, who works in the adjacent art studio www.warehouseart.com.
Mr Artley was the last full time signalman and de facto Station Master resident at the house from 1931 to 1946.
Guests enjoy special NYMR membership for the week, in the name of former resident Walter Artley. This offer entitles guests to half-price travel up and down the line during their stay.
Short break rather than a whole week? We also offer B&B accommodation in our 18th century family home in nearby Kirkbymoorside www.6crownsquare.com.
Bookings are Friday-to-Friday. Check on current availability and prices below, then contact us to arrange your booking.
LATE AVAILABILITY – weeks 6th and 27th October (trains still running) are still available at £700 all inclusive.
WINTER SEASON – New Year still available at £900, November to March £500 for a peaceful get-away (no trains)
Peak season £900 p.w.
- 2017 May 26, July 21 to Sept 22, Dec 22, 29.
Mid season £700 p.w.
- 2017 Apr 7 to May 19, Jun 2 to Jul 14, Sept 29 to Oct 27 (closed Oct 13).
Low season £500 p.w.
- 2017 Feb 17 to Mar 31, Nov 3 to Dec 15 (closed Mar 3).
Please read this before booking Levisham Station House:
Booking information download (PDF)
Prices include bedding and towels, fuel (oil central heating, logs, electricity), reasonable use of the telephone, and special temporary membership of the NYMR