Station House sleeps 6(7)* and includes:
- double en-suite bedroom (with an optional extra single bed)
- twin bedroom, both rooms with stunning views of the trains and station
- former ticket office alongside platform with large double sofa-bed (ground floor)
- first floor bathroom with traditional-style suite and electric shower
- kitchen with traditional sink and range (and a pantry full of mod cons!)
- sitting room with woodburner and wind-up gramophone (plus a sneaky TV!)
- hallway complete with harmonium, for the musically minded
- private use of the back garden with access by car for unloading
Visitors share the lawned front garden with Station House owner Mr Ware senior and his son Chris, who works in the adjacent art studio www.warehouseart.com.
Mr Artley was the last full time signalman and de facto Station Master resident at the house from 1931 to 1946.
Guests enjoy special NYMR membership for the week, in the name of former resident Walter Artley. This offer entitles guests to half-price travel up and down the line during their stay.
Short break rather than a whole week? We also offer B&B accommodation in our 18th century family home in nearby Kirkbymoorside www.6crownsquare.com.